FAQ - ND Licensing

Question: How do I become a licensed Naturopathic Doctor in Kansas?

Answer: You will be required to complete the application, additional forms, answer attestation questions, submit information, and pay the fee(s). After you submit your initial application, and payment has processed, a licensing analyst will be assigned to your application. The analyst will track your documents as they arrive in our office, and work with you to request any additional information needed to process your application. Once your application is complete, it will be sent for a final review. Once your application is approved, you will be issued your license, our agency webpage will be updated, and a wall certificate will be mailed.

Question: How can I pay my fees?

Answer: We accept checks, money orders, Debit, Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. To charge to your debit or credit card, please use the authorization form.

Question: How long does the application process take?

Answer: It is important for you to understand that the process takes an average of 4 to 8 weeks. Information is not only coming from you but also various organization and other sources that require time to process your request and provide the needed verifications.

Question: When does my license expire?

Answer: All Naturopathic licenses expire on December 31; the license must be renewed annually.

Question: When do I renew my License?

Answer: You should be notified in writing approximately 30 days prior to your license expiration date.

Question: How do I renew my license?

Answer: You may renew online, or contact our office to have a renewal form mailed to you. These links/forms will be available annually beginning November 15th-December 31st (and January 1st through January 31st for late renewals) of each year.

Question: Can I renew online?

Answer: To renew online you will need to have available your Kansas Board of Healing Arts license number, birth date, last 4 numbers of your social security number, name, license number of all health care professionals that supervise you (if required), continuing education CEU hours (if required) and payment information. Log in to our renewal site to fill out and submit your renewal. Renewal will be available annually beginning November 15th-December 31st (and January 1st through January 31st for late renewals) of each year.

Question: What are the renewal fees?

Answer: $125.00

Question: I did not renew by the deadline, what do I do now?

Answer: We will accept your renewal form up to 30 days passed your expiration date. Your license will be cancelled 30 days after your expiration date. The fee for renewing late increases to $145. Once your license has been cancelled you may not practice in Kansas until the Board reinstates the license. Practicing after your license has been cancelled is unlawful and will subject you to disciplinary action.

Question: My Kansas license is cancelled, how do I reinstate my license?

Answer: To begin the process you will download a reinstatement packet. You will be asked to complete forms and collect information. You will mail in your application and $155 fee, and submit $3.00 for a NPDB Report. You will be assigned an application analyst that will track your documents as they arrive in our office. After all of your paper work has been received, your file will be sent to review. This review might result in a request for additional information or clarification of provided information. Once the necessary materials have been received, and your request for reinstatement is approved, you will be notified in writing of your permanent license number.

Question: How much and what type of CEU is required?

Answer: A minimum of 50 hours with proof of at least 20 of these hours shall be taken in a professionally supervised setting and not more than 30 of these hours may be taken in a non-supervised setting.

Question: Am I required to have professional liability insurance (malpractice insurance)?

Answer: If you have an active status license in Kansas, you are required to obtain and maintain professional liability insurance of not less than $200,000 per occurrence (per claim) subject to not less than $600,000 annual aggregate for all claims made during the policy period.

Question: I have recently moved, how do I change my address?

Answer: Please download and complete the address change form and fax or mail to our office.

Question: I have recently changed my name. How do I have this corrected?

Answer: Please download and complete the change of name form to correct the name. To obtain a certificate in your new name download and complete the request for additional certificates form along with a fee of $15. Please fax or mail in the completed forms to our office along with your payment.