Other Agencies & Regulatory Boards

Name What They Regulate
Behavioral Sciences Regulatory Board
700 S.W. Harrison St, #420
Topeka, KS 66603
(785) 296-3240
Regulates psychologists, social workers, professional counselors, masters level psychologists, marriage and family therapists, and alcohol and drug abuse counselors.
Kansas Attorney General
Memorial Hall
120 SW 10th, 2nd Floor
Topeka, KS 66612
(785) 296-2215 (Main)
(785) 296-3751 (Consumer Protection Division)
(785) 296-2359 (Crime Victims Compensation Board)
Consumer Protection.
Kansas Board of Cosmetology
714 SW Jackson, Suite 100
Topeka, KS 66603
(785) 296-3155
Regulates cosmetologists, Manicurists, Tanning Facilities, Tattoo Facilities, and Body Piercing.
Kansas Board of Emergency Medical Services
900 SW Jackson, Room 1031
Topeka, KS 66612-1228
(785) 296-7296
Provides technical support and assistance as well as regulatory responsibility for ambulance services, training programs, attendants and vehicles.
Kansas Board of Examiners In Optometry
3109 W. 6th Street, Ste. B
Lawrence, KS 66049
(785) 832-9986
Regulates optometrists.
Kansas Dental Board
Landon State Office Building
900 SW Jackson, Room 564-S
Topeka, KS 66612-1230
(785) 296-6400
Regulates dentists and dental hygienists.
Kansas Department of Health & Environment Bureau of Health Facilities
Div of Health - Health Service Guide
Curtis State Office Building
1000 SW Jackson, Suite 200
Topeka, KS 66612
(785) 296-0061
Facility Complaints - 1-800-842-0078
Issues licenses to dietitians, speech-language pathologists, audiologists, and adult care home administrators. Other related professions or paraprofessions administered through this section include operators of residential care facilities or assisted living facilities, activities directors, and social service designees for adult care homes in Kansas.
Kansas Department on Aging and Disability Services
New England Building
503 S. Kansas Ave.
Topeka, KS 66603
(785) 296-4986
Regulates all long term care facilities, with the exception of long term care units in hospitals, including Adult Day Care, Assisted Living Facility, Boarding Care Home, Home Plus, Intermediate Care Facility for the Mentally Retarded, Nursing Facility, Nursing Facility for Mental Health and Residential Health Care Facility.

Certification programs include nurse aides, home health aides, and medication aides.

Kansas Department of Insurance
1300 SW Arrowhead Rd
Topeka, KS 66604
(785) 296-3071
Regulates insurance companies and agents.
Kansas State Board of Mortuary Arts
700 SW Jackson, Suite 904
Topeka, KS 66603
(785) 296-3980
Regulates funeral establishments, crematories, funeral directors, and embalmers.
Kansas State Board of Nursing
Landon State Office Building
900 SW Jackson, Room 1051
Topeka, KS 66612-1230
(785) 296-4929
Regulates nursing professionals and mental health technicians.
Kansas State Board of Pharmacy
800 SW Jackson, Suite 1414
Topeka, KS 66612
(785) 296-4056
Regulates pharmacists and registers pharmacy-related businesses.