OT, OTA, RT late license renewal cycle is now open online.
This is a new system. Read all of the directions carefully.
Click this link to Renew Online.
Alternatively to renew by paper go to our forms page, download the form, print it, fill it out, attach required documents if applicable and mail, fax (785-296-0852) or email (email@example.com) them to us.
KANSAS STATE BOARD OF HEALING ARTS
The Kansas State Board of Healing Arts, created in 1957, is the licensing and regulatory Board for many health care providers in Kansas. The Board is comprised of 15 members including 5 Medical Doctors (M.D.), 3 Osteopathic Doctors (D.O.), 3 Chiropractic Doctors (D.C.), 1 Podiatric Doctor (D.P.M.), and 3 public members. Professional Councils were established by statute for each of the allied health care professions licensed and regulated by this agency to advise the Board in carrying out the provisions of their practice acts.
Agency Philosophy: The Kansas Board of Healing Arts will perform licensing and regulatory functions in accordance with all applicable statutes, rules, and regulations in an open, courteous, and efficient manner. The Board affirms that safeguarding the public is their primary responsibility. The Board and its' staff will approach their responsibilities in a balanced and sensible fashion so regulation can be performed aggressively, but fairly for the benefit of every patron of the State of Kansas
We license and regulate 14 different health care professions.
Those health care professions include:
- Doctors of Medicine and Surgery (M.D.)
- Doctors of Osteopathic Medicine and Surgery (D.O.)
- Doctors of Chiropractic Medicine (D.C.)
- Doctors of Podiatric Medicine (D.P.M.)
- Doctors of Naturopathic Medicine (N.D.)
- Physician Assistants (P.A.)
- Physical Therapists (P.T.)
- Physical Therapist Assistants (P.T.A.)
- Occupational Therapists (O.T.)
- Occupational Therapy Assistants (O.T.A.)
- Respiratory Therapists (R.T.)
- Athletic Trainers (A.T.)
- Radiologic Technologists (L.R.T.)
- Contact Lens Distributors
We also approve the business name and certify the professional licenses for the formation of certain professional corporations. We do not regulate institutions such as hospitals or nursing homes, or other medical professionals such as nurses or optometrists.