The Licensing Department is responsible for licensing and registering KSBHA’s healthcare professionals. The Licensing Administrator and her staff, perform all license processing, maintenance, and verifications for more than 28,000+ licensees. Once all information for a license application is received, licensure takes, on the average, less than a week unless there is a ‘red flag’. Each profession has a specific renewal period during the calendar year. The renewal period lasts for 6 weeks and is followed by a month-long ‘late’ renewal period. If providers don’t renew within the 10 week renewal period, their license is cancelled. In order to practice again, they must go through the re-instatement process.
Overview of Licensing Process
- Receive application & supporting documentation.
- Analyst reviews and enters information into the database; identifies any missing information.
- If documentation is missing, letter is sent to applicant.
- If complete, Licensing Administrator performs a review and makes final determination if the file is complete, needs additional documentation, or contains ‘red flag’ information. Files with ‘red flags’, are forwarded to the Legal Department for review.
- Once application is complete and approved, analyst issues a certificate, permit, or license.
- Certificate or license is sent to applicant.
- Board reviews and approves list of new licenses.