request a PROFESSIONAL corporation certificate
The formation of certain business entities requires the Board's approval of the business name and certification of the professional licenses forming the business. When making a request for name approval and license certification, you should anticipate 7-10 business days for processing. Requests which do not include the items listed below may be delayed to obtain further information.
To make your request, please send an e-mail to Debra.Albright@ks.gov and include the following:
- Proposed name of the business entity;
- Complete names of all shareholder(s)/proposed shareholder(s), partners or members;
- A statement verifying that the business entity is/will be organized as
- a professional association under Kansas Professional Corporation law;
- a professional corporation under the Kansas Professional Corporation Law;
- a professional limited liability company under the Kansas revised Limited Liability Company Act.
- A statement of the professional purpose of the business entity (ex. to practice medicine);
- If the business entity is new, please include a copy of the proposed partnership agreement, articles of incorporation or articles of organization; and
- To whom and where to send the certification documents.
Refer to the Professional Corporation Law of Kansas, K.S.A. 17-2706, et seq., for professional corporation legal requirements.
If you are a healthcare provider participating in the Health Care Stabilization Fund (HCSF), please refer to their requirements for business entities: https://hcsf.kansas.gov/business-entities/
Please email Deb at Debra.Albright@ks.gov with additional questions.