FAQ - CLD Licensing

Question: Who needs to register to dispense contact lenses in Kansas?

Answer: A person or entity who mails or delivers, using commercial currier or overnight or other delivery services, contact lenses to patients in Kansas pursuant to a contact lens prescription which such person or entity did not determine. This does not apply to persons licensed to practice optometry or licensed to practice medicine and surgery in Kansas. See K.S.A. 65-4967(a).

Question: How do I register to dispense contact lenses in Kansas?

Answer: You may apply by paper for initial registration in Kansas. You will be required to complete forms, submit information, and pay the fee(s). After you submit your initial application, and payment has processed, a licensing analyst will be assigned to your application. The analyst will track your documents as they arrive in our office, and work with you to request any additional information needed to process your application. Once your application is complete, it will be sent for a final review. Once your application is approved, you will be issued your registration, our agency webpage will be updated, and a wall certificate will be mailed.

Question: What is the initial registration fee?

Answer: $150.

Question: How do I pay the fees?

Answer: We accept checks, money orders, Debit, Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. To pay with your debit or credit card, please use the Credit/Debit Card Payment Authorization Form.

Question: How long does the application process take?

Answer: The application process takes on average four to eight weeks; however, each application is different. Please keep in mind that information required for licensure comes from the applicant and various outside organizations. This takes time. Therefore, it is important to submit your application early!

Question: When do I renew my registration?

Answer: Annually, based on the registration expiration date.

Question: How do I renew my registration?

Answer: You may renew by paper.

Question: What is the renewal fee?

Answer: $150.

Question: How do I change my address with the Board?

Answer: Complete the Address Change Form and email it to KSBHA_Licensing@ks.gov.